Ford is charging ahead with aggressive plans to help the country get ready for the new future of electric driving, but according to Chattanooga Car Dealerships, the automaker isn’t alone. The Blue Oval is showing its green cred by introducing five new electric vehicles in the U.S. by 2012, including game-changers like the Ford Focus Electric and Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid. And according to Kansas City Ford Dealers, some of the top destinations in the country are doing their share by introducing on-site EV-charging solutions. Hit the jump to see which stations Ford rates as the coolest.
And here, per Ford, are some of the coolest:
- Edison Park Fast Lot, New York City (near Times Square and Broadway)
- Fashion Island, Newport Beach, Calif.
- Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco
- Give Kids the World Village, Kissimmee, Fla.
- Greenville Zoo, Greenville, S.C.
- Hall Wines and Clif Family Winery, St. Helena, Calif.
- Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Houston Arboretum and Nature Center, Houston
- Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles
- Malibu Country Mart, Malibu, Calif.
- Mall of America, Bloomington, Minn.
- Magnificent Mile, Downtown Chicago.
- Mint Street Parking Garage, Downtown Charlotte, N.C.
- CenturyLink Field, Seattle, and M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore (home of the NFL’s Seattle Seahawks and Baltimore Ravens)
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- Peaches Bed & Breakfast, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Ruby Falls, Chattanooga, Tenn. (America’s highest underground waterfalls)
- Santa Monica Plaza Shopping Center, Santa Monica, Calif.
- Science Museum of Richmond and Children’s Museum of Richmond, Va.
- Stevens Pass Mountain Resort, Leavenworth, Wash.
“This list demonstrates that drivers of the Focus Electric can charge at exciting locations across America,” said Jeanette Clute, Ford manager of Sustainable Business Strategies. “The variety of options throughout the country is also a good indicator that cities and communities are accelerating preparation for electric vehicles.”
And if you know of a cool place that needs its own EV-charging station, be sure to visit Ford Dealers In Kansas City MO or the Ford Electric Vehicle Facebook page, which is now searching for the top 10 places that SHOULD have one.